Pros and Cons of FUT
- Better growth rate compared to the FUE procedure.
- Less transection or damage of hair follicles due to precise stereo-microscopic dissection.
- You do not have to shave your head for the procedure.
- Usually costs less than Follicular Unit Excision.
- Leaves a linear scar.
- Cannot keep the back of your hair very short (#2 or #3 guard or fade with your razor is fine, but you will see a scar with a #1 guard).
- Post-operative pain at night may be worse with FUT as compared to FUE (Pain is subjective and is experienced differently for many patients).
For more information about the differences between the two types of hair transplant procedures, you can read FUE vs FUT: Differences, Pros and Cons.